What’s Going On?
Every once and a while I like to take time to share what’s going on in my life and what is coming up on the blog. So, here what’s going on.
- It was nice to take a week away from the blog here at NGYN. Last week Lauren and I, along with a team of youth workers from Oasis Church lead our student ministry to summer camp in Wood Worth Louisiana. While I was away, Derek’s awesome wife and good friend of mine, April Wingfield posted some great thoughts on the days I would normally post. April, thank you for sharing and allowing me to take a few days away from the blog.
- We had a BLAST at summer camp. Relationships were deepened. Memories were made. Great lessons and incite were learned. 1 student from our group accepted Christ! Always a big win! If you are looking for a summer camp where your students will have a blast and have scripture pumped into their souls, along with your youth workers being spiritually fed at the same time…CHECK OUT http://www.clearcamps.com These people know what their doing!
- I’m looking forward to my next few posts. I will be writing a series titled “God Sized Perspective.” I am looking forward to this short series of posts. I also have some stand alone posts coming up titled “Eagerly Expecting” and “Take Your Time.” I hope you will take a moment to stop by NGYN over the course of the next couple of weeks to check out the new material.
- I will be tag teaming the sermon this week at Oasis Church with our Associate Pastor, John Herring. Last fall John and I preached this sermon individually in two different services. This summer we are going to bring it back and tag team it. Looking forward to speaking this Sunday.
- August 1st – 5th I have the privilege of leading an awesome team of 13 members to Wichita Kansas for a mission trip. We will be working with Audacity Church as they prepare to launch their church in September. One of the things I have felt God calling me to do during this season of my ministry is to lead people on Mission trips about once a year. I am honored the Lord would use me in this way.